In 2013, Osceola County education stakeholders gathered to analyze their data and map out a plan to improve student postsecondary outcomes. One of the strategies became the inspiration for FCAN’s Plan It Florida – to ensure every student graduates high school with a plan for what comes next, whether to continue their education, enlist in the military or enter the workforce, ideally with at least a career/technical certificate.
For this webinar, Kathy McDonald, FCAN’s Assistant Director for Network Partnerships, will be joined by Anthony Cook, Coordinator of College and Career Services at the School District of Osceola County, to share information on their district’s implementation strategies, including how they collect data on student plans to inform activities and programs that prepare students for life after high school. LaVerne Handfield, FCAN’s Programs Coordinator, will also share updates about Plan It Florida.
- Anthony Cook, Coordinator of College and Career Services, School District of Osceola County
- LaVerne Handfield, FCAN Programs Coordinator
FCAN host: Kathy McDonald, Assistant Director for Network Partnerships
In this webinar, you will learn:
- How to implement Plan It Florida on a district level
- How to track students’ plans and their progress towards their postsecondary plan
- How student plans inform support programs
- New updates to Plan It Florida
Webinar: Ready, Set, Plan It: A District-wide Approach to Preparing Students for College and Career
Date and Time: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 1-2 p.m. EST