NCAN recently launched a Resources webpage that collects the materials K-12 districts and schools need to establish, improve, or expand their postsecondary transition services in one easy-to-use place.
“Counselors have a lot to keep track of,” says Bill DeBaun, NCAN’s director of data and evaluation. “We wanted to make it easy for them by creating one place for them to go to for all of their college and career readiness planning.”
Among the resources featured on the webpage:
- OneGoal’s Postsecondary Readiness Rubrics
- NCAN’s College & Career Readiness Calendar — helps counselors plan what needs to happen and when throughout the school year
- The National Student Clearinghouse’s StudentTracker for High Schools
- An NCAN brief examining five school districts and partner organizations using big ideas to improve their students’ postsecondary outcomes.
The page is also organized around four key topics:
- Transforming postsecondary advising
- Using data to educate students and inform services
- Increasing FAFSA completion
- Reducing summer melt and ensuring matriculation
Visit NCAN’s website to learn more.