By the year 2025, at least 60% of jobs will require a postsecondary degree or credential. But today, more than half of all Floridians have no education beyond high school.
To meet our upcoming workforce needs, Florida must be College Ready.
College Ready Florida is a series of 4 statewide initiatives aimed at helping more Floridians access and complete a postsecondary education. These initiatives focus on high school seniors and place special emphasis on low-income and first-generation college students.
How Can I Participate in College Ready Florida?
- Sign up to be a host site. Public high schools and community organizations like Local College Access Networks (LCANs), Boys and Girls clubs, YMCAs, and libraries can all host College Ready Florida events.
- Serve on a planning committee. Many host site coordinators form planning committees comprised of school faculty, community members, parents, and students.
- Volunteer. Volunteers can help students with applications, provide technical support, distribute stickers, and more.
- Provide Donations. Businesses and community members can support College Ready Florida by providing snacks and refreshments for volunteers and students, or by donating raffle prizes.
- Spread the word! Share your stories on social media using the hashtags #CollegeReadyFL, #ApplyYourselfFL, #DecisionDayFL, #FAFSAFL, and #PlanItFL.
Why Should Host Sites Sign Up?
- Get free stuff! FCAN provides stickers, posters, and other promotional materials to schools that register their Apply Yourself Florida events.
- Get connected. When host sites register, FCAN connects them with college access advocates and experts in their communities who can support their events.
- Get recognized. FCAN loves to celebrate the successes of our host sites. We highlight awesome College Ready Florida events on social media, on our blog, and in our newsletter.
- Register as a host site
- Subscribe to the College Ready Florida mailing list
- Download the Introduction to College Ready Florida guide
- Listen to the College Ready Florida Podcast
- Watch our on-demand training webinar
- Schedule an in-person presentation for your school or organization
- Questions? Contact LaVerne, our Statewide Initiatives Programs Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org