Florida FAFSA Challenge
58% of Florida high school seniors who complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) qualify for a Pell Grant, one of the largest forms of federal aid available to low-income students.
But Florida ranks 48th in the nation for FAFSA completion.
Florida College Access Network started the Florida FAFSA Challenge in 2015 to encourage all Florida schools and districts to increase FAFSA completion by 5 percentage points over the previous year.
FAFSA Data Sharing Agreement
The Florida Department of Education Office of Student Financial Assistance’s (OSFA) offers a data sharing agreement as a key resource in driving FAFSA completion. Through this agreement, schools can gain access to student-level FAFSA completion information, giving school counselors the ability to provide targeted outreach to students who need extra support.
Florida College Access Network encourages districts without this agreement to contact Pedro Hernandez, OSFA Director of Outreach Services, for an application.
Florida FAFSA Challenge Resources
FAFSA Completion Resources
- Florida FAFSA Challenge Toolkit
- Common FAFSA Mistakes (English and Spanish)
- FAFSA Verification (Courtesy of Champions for Learning)
- Top 5 Reasons to Complete the FAFSA
- How to Pay for College
- Where to Find Scholarships
- What Do You Need to Complete the FAFSA? (English, Spanish)
- Florida FAFSA Challenge Site Coordinator Training Video