Apply Yourself Florida
Apply Yourself Florida is part of the American College Application Campaign, a nationwide effort to increase the number of low-income and first-generation students applying to college. This event gives students the opportunity to complete their college applications during normal school hours with the help of trained volunteers.
When is Apply Yourself Florida?
Host sites hold Apply Yourself Florida events in October or November, depending on their specific needs.
- A computer lab for students to use during the event
- A site coordinator to serve as point person and organizer of the event
- Volunteers to assist students during the event
- A strategy to collect data about how many students attend the event and how many applications are submitted
- Organize a planning committee to help implement and promote the event.
- Seek support from your area’s Local College Access Network (LCAN).
- Host other college-going culture activities during the week leading up to the event. See the Plan It Florida toolkit for more ideas.
- Distribute the Apply Yourself Student Guide to make sure students are prepared to submit their applications.
Check out our resources below to learn more about hosting an event:
Apply Yourself Florida Resources
Site Coordinator Resources
- Site Coordinator Toolkit
- Student Instructions Handout
- Senior Sign-Out Form
- Parent information and follow-up letters (English and Spanish)
- Volunteer Recruitment letter, Reference Guide, and Thank You letter
- Volunteer Training presentation
- Business outreach phone script, donation request letter, and thank you letter
- Sample press release and newsletter article
- Apply Yourself Florida Data Collection Survey Template
- Site Coordinator Training Video
Flyers and Posters: