Apply Yourself Florida
Host sites hold Apply Yourself Florida events in October or November, depending on their specific needs.
If you would like to learn about events hosted in your area, contact Amy Bolick, FCAN’s Statewide Programs Coordinator.
- A computer lab for students to use during the event
- A site coordinator to serve as point person and organizer of the event
- Volunteers to assist students during the event
- A strategy to collect data about how many students attend the event, and how many applications are submitted
- Organize a planning committee to help implement and promote the event.• Organize a planning committee to help implement and promote the event.
- Seek support from your area’s Local College Access Network (LCAN).
- Host other college-going culture activities during the week leading up to the event. See our site coordinator toolkits for more ideas.
- Distribute the Apply Yourself Student Guide to make sure students are prepared to submit their applications.
Check out our resources below to learn more about hosting an event:
- Getting Started
- College-Going Culture
- Preparing students
- Engaging Families
- Managing Volunteers
- Business Outreach
- Promoting Your Event
- Data Collection
Fliers and Posters:
- College Application Week e-poster
- ACT/SAT flier (Color, B&W)
- Application Fees flier (Color, B&W)
- Where do I Begin? flier (Color, B&W)
- “Ask me about it” poster
- Volunteer Training presentation
- Volunteer Recruitment letter
- Volunteer Reference Guide
- Volunteer Thank You letter
- Student-parent information letter (English, Spanish)
- Student-parent follow-up letter (English, Spanish)
- Register as a host site
- Subscribe to the College Ready Florida mailing list
- Download the Introduction to College Ready Florida guide
- Listen to the College Ready Florida Podcast
- Watch our on-demand training webinar
- Schedule an in-person presentation for your school or organization
- Questions? Contact Amy, our Statewide Programs Coordinator email@example.com @abolick_FCAN