Who We Are
Florida College Access Network (FCAN) leads the collaborative movement to ensure every Floridian achieves an education beyond high school and a rewarding career. We envision a Florida working together where education is the pathway to economic mobility for all.
FCAN’s Seven Conditions for Success
FCAN promotes policies and practices that hold the greatest promise to achieving our mission. FCAN’s Seven Conditions for Success guide our work and provide a lens through which to identify opportunities to achieve Florida’s talent goals.
- Opportunity for Everyone: To build a talent-strong economy, all Floridians need access to a postsecondary education and the supports to complete it.
- Clear information and guidance: Students of all ages and their families need exposure and counseling early and often to make informed decisions about their futures.
- Affordable: Postsecondary education needs to be within everyone’s financial reach, regardless of household income or life circumstances.
- Multiple pathways to success: Floridians benefit from multiple learning opportunities for academic achievement and career advancement.
- Lifelong learning: No degree or credential is “one and done;” Floridians need to prepare for career changes through continuous learning.
- Effective use of data: Transparent access to data on education and economic outcomes, especially for Florida’s diverse populations, help achieve our goals.
- Community collaboration: When community partners work together toward a shared vision, they remove barriers, build a resilient workforce, and improve the quality of life for their regions.
Launched in 2012, FCAN is built on the foundation of ENLACE Florida, a statewide network of higher education institutions devoted to improving college access and success for minorities and other students underrepresented in higher education. Today, FCAN supports 17 community coalitions throughout the state called local college access networks that collectively represent over 700 organizations and institutions and 82% of the state’s population.
Florida College Access Network is an independent, statewide organization hosted by the University of South Florida. FCAN is funded by grants, sponsorships, and donations from our supporters. Visit our DONATE page to learn how you can support our work. Learn more about what we do, the FCAN team and our advisory council.