Increasing Florida’s talent pipeline is vital for continued growth and economic prosperity, and the state aims to increase the percentage of working-age Floridians with degrees and workforce-relevant credentials to 60% by 2030.
To meet our upcoming workforce needs, Florida must be College Ready.
College Ready Florida is a series of 4 statewide initiatives aimed at supporting a college-going culture by helping students plan for their futures, navigate the college-going process, and access and complete a postsecondary education. These initiatives focus on students at all grade levels and place special emphasis on low-income and first-generation college students.
How Can I Participate in College Ready Florida?
- Sign up to be a host site. Public high schools and community organizations like Local College Access Networks (LCANs), Boys and Girls clubs, YMCAs, and libraries can all host College Ready Florida events.
- Serve on a planning committee. Many host site coordinators form planning committees comprised of school faculty, community members, parents, and students.
- Volunteer. Volunteers can help students with applications, provide technical support, distribute stickers, and more.
- Provide donations. Businesses and community members can support College Ready Florida by providing snacks and refreshments for volunteers and students, or by donating raffle prizes.
- Spread the word! Share your stories on social media using the hashtags #PlanItFL, #ApplyYourselfFL, #FAFSAFL, and #DecisionDayFL.
Why Should Host Sites Sign Up?
- Get free stuff! FCAN provides stickers and other promotional materials to schools to help promote their College Ready Florida events.
- Get inspired! When host sites register, FCAN will share weekly inspiration about what peer schools are doing, as well as free tools, resources, and templates.
- Get recognized! FCAN loves to celebrate the successes of our host sites. We highlight awesome College Ready Florida events on social media, on our blog, and in our newsletter.