Florida College Decison Day
At FCAN, we believe all students’ academic achievements should be celebrated.
That’s why we launched Florida College Decision Day to celebrate students’ plans for life after high school. Florida College Decision Day is an adaptation of former First Lady Michelle Obama’s Reach Higher initiative. Both initiatives are inspired by the NCAA’s National Signing Day, which celebrates students who have received athletic scholarships.
When is Florida College Decision Day?
Host sites and communities typically hold Florida College Decision Day on or around May 1, which is the day that students must notify colleges that they plan to attend.
What does a Florida College Decision Day event look like?
Sites have a lot of flexibility when hosting their events. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Recognize all students for their post-secondary plans, whether they are planning on attending 4-year college, 2-year college, technical school, or the military.
- If possible, hold recognition in front of the entire student body to encourage younger students to start thinking about college.
- Invite members from the community as guest speakers to congratulate students.
- Add to the celebration by serving food, booking a DJ, or raffling off college-related prizes.
Is your school or community planning to host a Florida College Decision Day event?
Register with FCAN to get access to free promotional materials and other resources.
How can I get support for my event?
Sign up to get free access to promotional materials from FCAN, like posters and stickers, and to receive email updates highlighting new resources and strategies.
Resources for host sites and communities
- Register as a host site
- Subscribe to the College Ready Florida mailing list
- Download the Introduction to College Ready Florida guide
- Listen to the College Ready Florida Podcast
- Watch our on-demand training webinar
- Schedule an in-person presentation for your school or organization
- Questions? Contact LaVerne, our Statewide Initiatives Programs Coordinator email@example.com