Florida College Decison Day
That’s why we launched Florida College Decision Day to celebrate students’ plans for life after high school. Florida College Decision Day is an adaptation of former First Lady Michelle Obama’s Reach Higher initiative. Both initiatives are inspired by the NCAA’s National Signing Day, which celebrates students who have received athletic scholarships.
- Recognize all students for their post-secondary plans, whether they are planning on attending 4-year college, 2-year college, technical school, or the military.
- If possible, hold recognition in front of the entire student body to encourage younger students to start thinking about college.
- Invite members from the community as guest speakers to congratulate students.
- Add to the celebration by serving food, booking a DJ, or raffling off college-related prizes.
Is your school or community planning to host a Florida College Decision Day event?
Register with FCAN to get access to free promotional materials and other resources.
Sign up to get free access to promotional materials from FCAN, like posters and stickers, and to receive email updates highlighting new resources and strategies.
Resources for host sites and communities
- Register as a host site
- Subscribe to the College Ready Florida mailing list
- Download the Introduction to College Ready Florida guide
- Listen to the College Ready Florida Podcast
- Watch our on-demand training webinar
- Schedule an in-person presentation for your school or organization
- Questions? Contact Amy, our Statewide Programs Coordinator email@example.com @abolick_FCAN