Figuring out how to support students through the college application and financial aid process can be challenging. Florida College Access Network (Florida CAN) coordinates two statewide initiatives during the fall that can help: Apply Yourself Florida and the Florida FAFSA Challenge. Apply Yourself Florida is an effort to help every high school senior apply to at least one postsecondary institution. The Florida FAFSA Challenge is a campaign to boost the number of seniors completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Florida CAN is offering a free on-demand training webinar for school counselors, educators and college access professionals interested in coordinating college application and FAFSA activities at their schools. You will learn about:
- Tips to plan an Apply Yourself Florida (college application week) event.
- Resources and technical assistance provided by Florida CAN.
- A Student Guide to the application process.
- Strategies for boosting FAFSA completion.
- Best practices from past events at Florida schools.
- The Florida FAFSA Finish Line data dashboard, an interactive tool to help schools and districts track FAFSA completion rates.
You will also have the opportunity to learn about Florida College Decision Day, an event held around May 1, to celebrate seniors for their postsecondary plans.
Registration for all College Ready Florida programs for the 2016-17 school year is now open. Site coordinators who register receive access to technical assistance, special marketing materials, updates, and new resources as they become available. To sign up or learn more, please visit the Florida Initiatives page of the Florida CAN website or contact Arianna Pineiro at firstname.lastname@example.org.