Florida College Access Network is pleased to issue a call for presentation proposals for the 2022 FCAN Summit at the Embassy Suites Orlando — Lake Buena Vista South on May 10-11, 2022.
The FCAN Summit is the premier event where education stakeholders from multiple sectors come together to network, learn, and inspire one another to prepare today’s students for tomorrow’s jobs. This year’s summit will be even more exciting as we celebrate FCAN’s 10th anniversary and the partners who have contributed to our mission.
During the two-day event, we will explore innovations, best practices, and initiatives to help all Floridians achieve an education beyond high school and a rewarding career. The agenda will include exceptional keynote speakers, breakout sessions on topics relevant to postsecondary access and student success, networking opportunities, and exhibitors demonstrating the latest tools and resources. The Summit will highlight evidence-based approaches, lessons learned from the field, and policy developments that accelerate progress and spark meaningful change with a focus on collaboration.
In developing your presentation proposal, we encourage you to consider the needs and interests of a broad spectrum of attendees, including professionals in K-12 education, higher education (colleges, universities, and technical schools), non-profit service organizations, philanthropy, business, workforce development, and government. Successful presentations will encourage ample audience interaction beyond Q&A at the end of the session. Additionally, proposals should align with FCAN’s Seven Conditions for Success that create a resilient workforce and spark economic mobility
Preferred Criteria for Breakout Sessions
- Highlight collaborative work and partnerships across sectors and institutions
- Focus on traditionally underrepresented populations (e.g., racial/ethnic minority students, first-generation students, adult learners, rural students, students with disabilities)
- Include the student voice and experience (e.g., students are presentation members, videos or examples of student stories are featured)
- Focus on one or more postsecondary pathways, including career and technical education, two-year degrees, and four-year degrees
- Address one or more of FCAN’s Seven Conditions for Success: opportunity for everyone, clear information and guidance, affordability, multiple pathways to success, lifelong learning, data-informed decision-making, and community collaboration
- Feature tools, resources, and/or programs that are evidence-based and/or data-informed
- Encourage audience interaction and engagement beyond typical Q&A
- Sessions will be one hour long and include a Q&A portion — plan 15-20 minutes for audience questions
- FCAN will not consider presentations that serve as a “sales pitch” of a product or service.
- Presentation rooms will have audio/visual equipment, including a computer, LCD projector, and screen.
- Presenters must submit PowerPoint slide decks and other materials for attendees two weeks before the event.
- FCAN may work with presenters to edit/adjust their content or presentation to better suit the needs of summit attendees.
- Conference registration is required for all selected presenters at a discount rate of $239.
- While the summit is scheduled to be in-person, given possible updates related to the COVID-19 pandemic, FCAN may require presenters to deliver their sessions in a live virtual format or in a pre-recorded format.
- FCAN will formally notify you of proposal acceptance via email by November 12, 2021
Proposals are due October 1, 2021 — click here to submit a proposal.
For questions about submitting a proposal, please contact Kimberly Lent at firstname.lastname@example.org.