Florida College Access Network (FCAN) is pleased to issue a call for presentation proposals for the Florida College Access Network Summit: Better Together 2020 at the Embassy Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista South on May 12-13, 2020. Submissions are due October 18, 2019.
Now in its 8th year, the FCAN Summit is the premiere event where education stakeholders from multiple sectors come together to network, learn, and inspire one another about preparing today’s students for tomorrow’s jobs. The 2020 summit will include exceptional keynote speakers, breakout sessions on topics relevant to college access and student success, networking opportunities, and exhibitors demonstrating the latest tools and resources. We anticipate 400 attendees at the 2020 event.
During the two-day event, we will explore innovations, best practices, and initiatives to help Floridians access and achieve a high-quality postsecondary degree or credential. With a focus on collaboration, the Florida College Access Network Summit will highlight evidence-based approaches, lessons learned from the field, and policy developments that accelerate progress and spark meaningful change.
In developing your presentation proposal, we encourage you to consider the needs and interests of a broad spectrum of attendees, including professionals in K-12 education, higher education (colleges, universities, and technical schools), non-profit service organizations, philanthropy, business, workforce development, and government. Successful presentations will encourage ample audience interaction beyond Q&A at the end of the session.
View a copy of the 2019 Florida College Access Summit brochure to see breakout sessions from the previous year.
Preferred Criteria for Breakout Sessions
- Highlight collaborative work and partnerships across sectors and institutions
- Focus on traditionally underrepresented populations (i.e. racial/ethnic minority students, first-generation students, adult learners, rural students, students with disabilities)
- Include the student voice and experience (i.e. students are presenters, videos or examples of student stories)
- Focus on one or more postsecondary pathways, including CTE, 2-year degrees, and 4-year degrees
- Address one or more of the following categories: college access, affordability, postsecondary success, collective impact, career readiness/workforce development, measuring outcomes (research & data)
- Feature tools, resources, and/or programs that are evidence-based and/or data informed
- Appeal to more than one sector/audience segment
- Sessions will be one hour long and include a Q&A portion—plan 15-20 minutes for audience questions
- FCAN will not consider presentations that serve as a “sales pitch” of a product or service.
- Presentation rooms will have audio/visual equipment including computer, LCD projector, and screen.
- Presenters must submit PowerPoint slide decks and other materials for attendees two weeks before the event.
- FCAN may work with presenters to edit/adjust their content or presentation to better suit the needs of summit attendees.
- FCAN will formally notify you of proposal acceptance via email by December 13, 2019.
PLEASE NOTE: Conference registration is required for all selected presenters. FCAN is pleased to offer selected presenters a reduced registration fee of $239. Unfortunately, FCAN is unable to reimburse for travel, provide speaker honorariums, or offer complimentary or further discounted conference registrations for presenters. Additionally, once a presentation is accepted, all changes to session content and/or presenters are subject to FCAN approval.
Proposals are due October 18, 2019—click here to submit a proposal.
For questions about submitting a proposal, please contact Kimberly Lent at email@example.com.