Submissions due November 1st
Florida College Access Network is pleased to issue a call for presentations for the 2017 Florida College Access and Success Summit, to be held at B Resort and Spa in Lake Buena Vista (Orlando), Florida, on May 10-11, 2017.
Throughout Florida, change-makers are working diligently to break down the barriers that hold students back from accessing and achieving a high-quality postsecondary degree or credential. The 2017 Florida College Access and Success Summit will spotlight innovations, best practices, and collaborative initiatives that are helping more Floridians—especially those traditionally underrepresented in higher education—excel in education, work, and life.
In the spirit of promoting the exchange of information and resources among leaders, professionals and practitioners in college access and student success, we host our annual summit to showcase evidence-based approaches, the latest tools and resources, and policy developments that impact student success.
Now in its 5th year, the summit has developed a reputation as the “go-to” event for education stakeholders from multiple sectors to network, learn, and be inspired. The 2017 summit will include outstanding keynote presentations, breakout sessions on a variety of topics, networking opportunities, and exhibitors demonstrating the latest tools and resources.
In crafting your presentation proposal, we encourage you to consider the needs and interests of a broad spectrum of attendees, including professionals in K-12 education, higher education (colleges, universities, and technical schools), non-profit service organizations, philanthropy, business, and government.
View a copy of the 2016 FCAN Summit program to see breakout sessions from the previous year.
- All sessions are one hour in length.
- Presentations that are intended as a “sales pitch” of a product or service will not be considered.
- Presentation rooms will have audio/visual equipment including computer, LCD projector, and screen.
- Rooms will also have podiums, microphones and panelist tables on risers at the front of the room.
- PowerPoint slide decks and other materials for attendees are requested to be submitted two weeks before the event.
- Conference registration is required for all selected presenters at the early rate of $185.
- Formal notification of acceptance will be emailed by December 1, 2016.
Preferred Criteria for Breakout Sessions
- Presentations address one or more of the following categories: college access, affordability, postsecondary success, collective impact, career readiness/workforce development, measuring outcomes (research & data).
- Tools, resources and programs featured are evidence-based and/or informed by data.
- Highlights collaborative work and partnerships across sectors and institutions (where applicable).
- Provides for ample audience interaction.
- Session content appeals to more than one sector/audience segment.
Click here to submit a proposal. To download a PDF of this call for proposals, click here.
For questions about submitting a proposal, please contact Ashley Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org.