- Garnet C. Esters, Program Manager, The Children’s Trust
- Lupe Ferran Diaz, Ph.D., Executive Director, Miami-Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS) Department of Career and Technical Education
- Ann de las Pozas, Executive Director, Foundation for New Education Initiatives, Inc. (FNEI)
- John Ise, Contracts Officer, Miami-Dade County
- Rick Beasley, Executive Director, CareerSource South Florida
- Christa Dotson Dean, Director, Member Outreach, EdFed
FCAN host: Kathy McDonald, Assistant Director for Network Partnerships
Experiential learning is critical in helping students gain early exposure to future careers and work environments that can clarify their path. From internships, apprenticeships and part-time jobs to clinical experiences and study abroad, there are many ways to connect students to real world careers. But how to do so at scale? In this webinar, partners involved in the paid summer internship program in Miami-Dade County will share how their collaboration led to over 3,000 paid internships for high school students. They will also share how they prepared students to succeed in their internships, and the many benefits associated with the program, including getting students set up with bank accounts, high employer satisfaction with the program, and decreases in youth violence.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How the partnership was formed, and the roles partners played in its success
- How they prepared students for success in these career opportunities
- How they were able to continue the program despite the pandemic
This program represents a great example of the Experiment phase of FCAN’s Plan It Florida 4 E’s (Expose, Explore, Experiment, Execute). Tune in to learn how you can create a similar partnership in your community!
Webinar: Scaling Experiential Learning: Miami-Dade County’s Summer Youth Internship Initiative
Date and Time: Monday, September 13, 2021, 1 -2 p.m. EST