Opening remarks: Michelle Dennard, CEO, CareerSource Florida, webinar sponsor
- Theodore Graham, Director of Admissions, Year Up Jacksonville
- Ferrisa Connell, External Relations Manager, Year Up Tampa Bay
- Sheri Webber, External Relations Manager, Year Up Jacksonville
FCAN host: Kathy McDonald, Assistant Director for Network Partnerships
Did you know that 12 million jobs requiring postsecondary education will go unfilled in the next decade? Each year, employers struggle to find young, diverse talent while 5 million young adults remain disconnected from stable career pathways. Year Up works to close this Opportunity Divide through its year-long intensive program.
Year Up’s high support-high expectations approach results in 90 percent of student interns securing a meaningful career or continuing their postsecondary education. Year Up combines marketable skills with stipends, internships, and college credit to place young adults on a path toward economic mobility.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How to build a holistic approach to career readiness.
- How wrap around services, soft skills, middle skills, and self-worth make all the difference in becoming “career ready.”
- How to better leverage partnerships between community organizations, postsecondary education, and employers in the effort to close the Opportunity Divide in your community.
- How to engage employers in making critical investments in developing young talent.
Webinar: Closing the Opportunity Divide: Holistically Building Career Readiness in Young Adults
Date and Time: Tuesday, May 12, 2020, 10-11 a.m. EST