- Tessa LeSage, Director, FutureMakers Coalition
- Megan Cochran, Healthcare Sector Strategist, CareerSource Brevard
- Teri Jones, Founder and Executive Director, Macedonia Education Technology and Career Academy (METCA)
- Jennifer Thayer, Workforce Planning and Development Program Manager, Lee Health
FCAN host: Kathy McDonald, Assistant Director for Network Partnerships
Opening remarks: Susan Bosse, Director, Business & Workforce Development, CareerSource Florida
Support is building for communities working together to create a shared vision that removes barriers to success. While each Florida community has key industry sectors that employ the region’s talent, COVID-19 has made the economic health in many regions vulnerable. A recent FCAN survey found that:
- 58% of Floridians have lost their job, had a pay cut or saw a reduction of hours due to COVID-19. Another 8% anticipate this could happen to them.
- Nearly 80% of Floridians believe everyone needs an education beyond high school.
- 91% of Florida voters support efforts to make higher education more accessible.
In this webinar, you’ll hear how local college access networks (LCANs) and the CareerSource Florida network are using sector strategies to bring together industry, education, and community partners like local government, philanthropy and nonprofits to ensure the degrees and credentials students earn will lead to in-demand jobs and help their regions become more resilient.
In this session you will learn:
- How the FutureMakers Coalition came together around a key employer need, identified barriers, and built a framework for collaboration that aligns industry and education to develop talent locally
- How CareerSource Brevard, using sector strategies, is bringing together partners in the healthcare sector to remove impediments and provide career progression for under-served residents
- How community collaboration is spreading across the state to create a shared vision for re-imaging Florida’s economy into one that is Talent Strong
Webinar: Aligning Industry and Higher Education So Students Earn Credentials Toward In-Demand Jobs
Date and Time: Friday, September 25, 2020, 1-2 p.m. EST