Florida College Access Network is pleased to issue a call for presentation proposals for the 2024 Talent Strong Florida Summit, to be held May 8-10 at the Hilton Orlando, 6001 Destination Parkway.
The 2024 Talent Strong Florida Summit is the premier event where education stakeholders from multiple sectors come together to network, learn, and inspire one another to prepare today’s students for tomorrow’s career opportunities. During the three-day event, we will explore innovations, best practices, and initiatives to help all Floridians achieve an education beyond high school and a rewarding career. The agenda will include exceptional keynote speakers, breakout sessions on topics relevant to postsecondary access and student success, networking opportunities, and exhibitors demonstrating the latest tools and resources. The Summit will highlight evidence-based approaches, lessons learned from the field, and policy developments that accelerate progress and spark meaningful change with a focus on collaboration.
The theme of this year’s breakout sessions is “Access for All”, emphasizing the importance of college and career readiness initiatives and programs that reflect Florida’s population. Additional preferred criteria for breakout sessions include:
- Sessions discussing Florida college access initiatives that can serve as a guide to other states in a newly national race-blind admissions environment.
- Sessions that focus on traditionally underrepresented populations (e.g. racial/ethnic minority students, first-generation students, adult learners, rural students, students with disabilities).
- Sessions that align with at least one of FCAN’s Seven Conditions for Success. This year, we are giving special consideration to proposals that focus on the following conditions: opportunity for everyone, community collaboration, and affordability.
- Sessions that include the student voice and experience (e.g. co-presentations with students, presentations that include written or video testimonials from students, etc.).
- Sessions with a high degree of audience interaction. Year after year, the sessions that receive the best evaluations are those that provide opportunities for engagement between presenters and the audience.
Please note the following additional information:
- Each session will be one hour long and include a Q&A portion (plan for 15-20 minutes of Q&A).
- Presentation rooms will have audio/visual equipment, including a computer, LCD projector, and screen.
- Conference registration is required for all presenters at a reduced rate. FCAN is unable to reimburse for travel, provide speaker honorariums, or offer complimentary or further discounted conference registrations for presenters.
- FCAN may work with presenters to edit/adjust their content or presentation to better fit the needs of Summit attendees.
- PowerPoint slide decks and other materials for attendees are required to be submitted in advance (usually two weeks prior to the presentation).
- FCAN will formally notify you of proposal acceptance by email by December 31st, 2023.
Proposals are due by December 11th, 2023 at 8:00 am EDT – Click here to submit a proposal.
With questions about proposal submissions, please contact Dave Sobush, Director of Research and Policy, at email@example.com.