Florida College Access Network is pleased to issue a call for presentation proposals for the 2023 Talent Strong Florida Summit, to be held April 27-28th at the Grand Hyatt in Tampa.
The FCAN Summit is the premier event where education stakeholders from multiple sectors come together to network, learn, and inspire one another to prepare today’s students for tomorrow’s jobs. During the two-day event, we will explore innovations, best practices, and initiatives to help all Floridians achieve an education beyond high school and a rewarding career.
The agenda will include exceptional keynote speakers, breakout sessions on topics relevant to postsecondary access and student success, networking opportunities, and exhibitors demonstrating the latest tools and resources. The Summit will highlight evidence-based approaches, lessons learned from the field, and policy developments that accelerate progress and spark meaningful change with a focus on collaboration.
Preferred Criteria for Breakout Sessions
The theme of this year’s breakout sessions is “Engage and Empower”, emphasizing the role of mental health and inclusivity in college and career readiness. Additional preferred criteria for breakout sessions include:
- Sessions that discuss the intersection between mental health and college/career readiness.
- Sessions that focus on traditionally underrepresented populations (e.g. racial/ethnic minority students, first-generation students, adult learners, rural students, and students with disabilities).
- Sessions that align with at least one of FCAN’s Seven Conditions for Success. This year, we are giving special consideration to proposals that focus on the following conditions: Community Collaboration, Affordability, and Data-Informed Decision Making.
- Sessions that include the student voice and experience (e.g. co-presentations with students, presentations that include written or video testimonials from students, etc.).
- Sessions with a high degree of audience interaction. Year after year, the sessions that receive the best evaluations are those that provide opportunities for engagement between presenters and the audience.
Additional Information about Breakout Sessions
- Each session will be one hour long and include a Q&A portion (plan for 15-20 minutes of Q&A).
- Presentation rooms will have audio/visual equipment, including a computer, LCD projector, and screen.
- Conference registration is required for all presenters at a reduced rate of $269.
- FCAN may work with presenters to edit/adjust their content or presentation to better fit the needs of Summit attendees.
- PowerPoint slide decks and other materials for attendees are required to be submitted in advance (usually two weeks prior to the presentation).
- FCAN will formally notify you of proposal acceptance by email by November 4, 2022.
Proposals are due October 3, 2022 — click here to submit a proposal.
For questions about submitting a proposal, please contact Adam Lindberg, FCAN’s Director of Research and Policy, at email@example.com.