Students and their families are often confused by the myriad ways to pay for college. How to bridge the gap between family funds, financial aid and the total cost of paying for college? Funding their college education shouldn’t be a mystery. FCAN’s Paying for College webinar series breaks it down so you can help reduce confusion for the students you guide. Having a better grasp of the funding landscape can help students build a sound plan to pay for their postsecondary education.
Part V: Employer-Supported Education Programs
- Lori Lewis, Director of Education Programs, The Walt Disney Company
- Angel Iverson, Director for Career Foundations, Career Connections Center, University of Florida
Opening Remarks: Evie Cummings, Assistant Provost and Director, UF Online
FCAN Host: Kathy McDonald, Assistant Director for Network Partnerships
Employer-supported education programs are a sought-after perk for employees and an important way many adult learners return to complete a credential. These benefits promote lifelong learning and ensure employees are prepared for the shifting skills required in a dynamic workplace. They also play a key role in how employers develop talent that improves their bottom line. In this webinar learn how employer supported education benefits are evolving and how employers utilize education benefits as a key talent development strategy.
In this session you will learn:
- How employer education benefits are evolving over time.
- How education benefits help promote lifelong learning that prepares employees for opportunities throughout their career.
- How The Walt Disney Company utilizes education benefits as a key talent development strategy.
FCAN thanks the following for their generous support of this webinar:
Webinar: Paying for College, Part V: Employer-Supported Education Programs
Date and Time: Tuesday, June 8, 2021, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. EST