- Dr. Brett Kemker, Regional Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Student Success, University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee campus
- Dr. Cynthia Carvajal, Director for Immigrant Student Success, City University of New York
- Joseph Mendoza-Martinez, Student, Rutgers University
- Luz Corcuera, Executive Director, UnidosNow
FCAN host: Charleita Richardson, Executive Director
This is Part 2 of a two-part series. Learn more about Part 1.
Undocumented students face unique challenges in realizing their dream of going to college. Higher education institutions can do more to remove barriers, from raising private funds for scholarships to updating academic requirements, to creating inviting communities that encourage students without documentation to thrive. In this session, you will hear from higher education leaders who share what their institutions are doing to remove barriers and provide students the chance they need to earn their degrees.
In this webinar you will learn:
- What it looks like when colleges and universities build an inclusive community
- How to anticipate and support the unique needs of students without documentation on campus
Webinar: How Colleges Can Become More Welcoming to Undocumented Students
Date and Time: Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 3 – 4 p.m. EST