- Jonathan Guarine, Research Economist, Florida TaxWatch
- Meg Cannan, Policy Researcher, Florida TaxWatch
FCAN host: Kristen Hengtgen, Senior Researcher
If Florida were a country, it would have the 15th largest economy in the world. Yet what if all of Florida’s demographic groups achieved comparable levels of education and training beyond high school? Florida would stand to benefit from improved employment rates, higher lifetime earnings, higher tax revenues, and lower expenditures on public assistance programs, among other fiscal and economic benefits.
Earlier this year, Florida TaxWatch released interim findings from an FCAN-sponsored brief that examined educational achievement rates across Florida’s demographic populations, pinpointed current gaps, and analyzed the impacts of these gaps on Florida’s economy. Join FCAN on Tuesday, March 29 as we host the two TaxWatch research leads on this project to learn more about their findings.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Where Florida stands when it comes to educational attainment and demographic disparities
- What the return on investment is for more equalized educational attainment
- How educational stakeholders and policymakers can address barriers in their settings
Webinar: Equity Pays: The Economic Benefits of Equity in Educational Attainment
Date and Time: Tuesday, March 29, 2022, 1 – 2 p.m. EST