- Michelle Dennard, President & CEO, CareerSource Florida
- Madeline Pumariega, President, Miami Dade College
- Nicole Daggs, Vice President- Human Resources, Florida Power & Light Company
FCAN host: Charleita M. Richardson, Executive Director
A McKinsey report indicates 50% of jobs are at risk of loss due to automation over the next several decades and COVID-19 has accelerated this trend in some sectors. Where are the growth sectors with jobs less likely to go away? What are the new skills that will be in demand that students need to build now? And how should students leverage lifelong learning to continue to build skills to meet the evolving demands of a dynamic workplace?
In this webinar you will learn about:
- Which jobs and sectors are at greatest risk of automation.
- Growth sectors that offer greater job resilience and the education needed to prepare for those jobs.
- The prevalent skills gaps that could hinder growth of the Florida economy.
Listen to industry leaders discuss the ways to prepare the future workforce in anticipation of these changes and what this means for higher education.
FCAN wishes to thank the following for their generous support of this webinar:
Webinar: The Future of Work: How Education Can Prepare Today’s Students for Tomorrow’s Jobs
Date and Time: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 1-2 p.m. EST