- Anna Lebesch, Senior Vice President, Strategy and Talent Development, JAXUSA Partnership
- Julie Hindall, Director, Talent Development, JAXUSA Partnership
FCAN host: Kathy McDonald, Assistant Director for Network Partnerships
A 2020 report from the OECD found that teenagers around the world aspire to fewer occupations — 47% of boys and 53% of girls expect to work in just one of 10 jobs, despite huge changes in the world of work. For many students, they simply don’t know what jobs are in high demand in their community and the education they will need to earn a career.
Earn Up, the local college access network (LCAN) serving six counties in Northeast Florida looked to create greater awareness about high-demand, good-paying jobs in their region so students could make smarter choices about their education beyond high school. Tune in to this webinar to learn how they brought their partners together to envision the Career Pathways part of their website that shares information on key industries, jobs within each one, earning potential, and education needed. They also created teacher resources so that educators in the region could bring career discovery activities into their classrooms.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How partners came together to create resources that built awareness in students about high-demand, good-paying jobs
- How partners are getting these resources into the classrooms and hands of students
- How schools and community organizations are using the resources to help students explore future careers and the education they’ll need to earn them.
Webinar: Starting with the End in Mind: Helping Students Explore Careers and the Education Needed to Get There
Date and Time: Thursday, Sept. 1, 2022, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. EST