Get to Know: UpliftED
LCAN Coverage Area: Orange, Osceola, and Seminole Counties
UpliftED is a community-based alliance made up of over 100 members and 25 local organizations representing K-12, higher education, nonprofit, government, business, and philanthropy. Since 2013, UpliftED — formerly the Central Florida College Access Network (CFCAN) — has led the effort to address barriers to college and career access, persistence, and attainment in Central Florida. UpliftED has adopted the Lumina Foundation Goal 2025, which is committed to increasing the number of adults in our community with a high-quality credential or degree to 60% by 2025. Two-thirds of all jobs created during this decade will require a postsecondary education. UpliftED is working together to increase the number of college degrees and high quality credentials to build a skilled workforce and strong economy. Additionally, Central Florida is working together across sectors, aligning goals, and leveraging strengths with a ready and educated talent supply that fosters economic development and elevates the quality of life in our thriving community.
- Tech Express to Valencia College
- Central Florida College Access Network Helps Students in Need Stay in College Through Emergency Support
For information, please contact:
Jonathan Reiss, College Access Network Assistant
Join the LCAN Movement!
- Capital Region (Leon, Gadsden, Wakulla)
- Central Florida (Orange, Osceola, and Seminole)
- Northeast Florida (Baker, Clay, Duval, Flagler, Nassau, Putnam, and St. Johns)
- Palm Beach
- Southwest Florida (Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Glades, and Hendry)
- Tampa Bay (Hillsborough, Pinellas)