Get to Know: PLANIT SARASOTA
LCAN Coverage Area: Sarasota County
PLANit Sarasota is a cross-sector group of over 30 education and youth services organizations and funders focused on increasing the rate of students who pursue an education beyond high school, particularly among those historically underrepresented in higher education.
The Education Foundation of Sarasota County’s (EFSC) strategic focus on its College, Career and Life Readiness (CCLR) Initiative, which emphasizes preparing students successfully to get to and through a postsecondary degree or credential, aligns with PLANit Sarasota’s shared multi-sector goals. Thus in fall 2018, the Education Foundation of Sarasota County began serving as the backbone organization to convene PLANit Sarasota for its next, broader iteration supported by early funders Gulf Coast Community Foundation, Community Foundation of Sarasota County, and the Charles and Margery Barancik Foundation.
PLANit Sarasota has five main workgroups addressing both short- and long-term goals. These workgroups include:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Having a Plan
- Career Explorations
Join the LCAN Movement!
- Capital Region (Leon, Gadsden, Wakulla)
- Central Florida (Orange, Osceola, and Seminole)
- Northeast Florida (Baker, Clay, Duval, Flagler, Nassau, Putnam, and St. Johns)
- Palm Beach
- Southwest Florida (Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Glades, and Hendry)
- Tampa Bay (Hillsborough, Pinellas)