Get to Know: Elevate Brevard
LCAN Coverage Area: Brevard County
Elevate Brevard is a collaboration of community partners working together to elevate the lives of Cocoa residents by increasing their access to postsecondary educational opportunities and sustainable employment. Launched in 2020, the partnership is part of the Florida College Access Network (FCAN) and uses a collective impact model to identify and assist households living below the Federal Poverty Level, as well as those in the ALICE population, or “working poor,” as defined by the United Way.
The goal is to increase college and credential attainment rates while closing employer skills gaps and elevating families out of poverty.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Synthia Michelle Doaks, Director, Elevate Brevard – Cocoa
LOCAL COLLEGE ACCESS NETWORKS
Join the LCAN Movement!
- Capital Region (Leon, Gadsden, Wakulla)
- Central Florida (Orange, Osceola, and Seminole)
- Northeast Florida (Baker, Clay, Duval, Flagler, Nassau, Putnam, and St. Johns)
- Palm Beach
- Southwest Florida (Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Glades, and Hendry)
- Tampa Bay (Hillsborough, Pinellas)